Thursday, November 27, 2008

mobile phone apps

There are a few applications that I use on my phone regularly that I think are pretty handy to have.

Fring lets you use your instant messaging and voip accounts on your phone. I used my MSN messenger and skype accounts on it. You are able to get alerts when you receive new messages. The voip functionality enables you to make calls to other accounts using the handset like a phone. My phone has wlan capabilities so I use my home wifi network.

Opera mini is a browser that lets you view full web pages as you would on a desktop browser... kinda. it's not mobile view but it's not the full desktop experience. try it out. you're able to save pages, save bookmarks, set up hotkeys, disable images. i think you can do that on the normal opera mobile browser but yeh download it and try it out.

QIK and BAMBUSER are some apps that let you stream live video to the net, QIK came out first but i couldn't use it because my phone isnt compatible, i tried bambuser but my net is capped so it didnt work so well. you can choose to archive videos or just stream it. give it a go and link me to your account.

No comments: