Monday, November 10, 2008

first post

Ok so I should really be studying so I'll make this quick. I've recently learnt that some of my friends are not as tech savvy as I and I wanted to share a bit of my knowledge. So I'll be posting about stuff that I am using that I think could benefit others. Stuff like firefox add-ons, programs, podcasts and applications that are cool or could be helpful in making your lives a little bit easier. So watch this space.

I'll start things off with some firefox add-ons that I use regularly and that I think are pretty useful.

Speed Dial lets you set up buttons and shortcuts to your favourite bookmarks. I've got it opening up in every new tab so that when I open up firefox or a new tab my favourite bookmarks are right there. It gives you a preview of the site which updates regularly, you're able to change the number of buttons/bookmarks and it works great. Try it out!

Google toolbar is another useful tool that i use to save bookmarks so that they're easy to see and access. So after installing the toolbar, I go to my most frequented sites and find the search box, right click on it and choose Generate custom search. Then you can add a bookmark to that site to your toolbar, you can also perform searches to that site using the google toolbar.

I'll leave it at that for now. off to study

No comments: